Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Thoughts Following September 11, 2001

With the 6th Anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks now upon us, I thought I would go back and see the message I posted on the day after this tragedy. In memory of all who died, and appreciation for all who assisted on that day and continue to give their lives against evil acts of terror and cowardice such as this, we are re-posting the message below:

Message posted in "My Daily Dose of Inspiration" on September 12, 2001 -

My thoughts and prayers go out to so many families who are suffering the pain and loss of their loved ones in the recent attacks on the thousands of innocent people.

I just got off the phone with a friend in California, who said that he had a cousin who worked on the 72nd Floor of the second Trade Tower building. He got word at one point that things were ok, and that it would be fine to go back to work, but using his God-given common sense, he made haste toward the stairway that led him down the street and into safety, and was only 2 blocks away when the first building collapsed. It seems that many others were able to exit the building before it too was attacked and collapsed, and for that we give God thanks.

President Bush stated our greatest hope in his address to the Nation when he quoted from Psalm 23:4 -Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil, for you are with me..

We must continue to pray for the strength of God in the days and months ahead, and wisdom and knowledge to find the perpetrators of such evil and senseless terror.

As faces are being matched with the numbers of fatalities, we will sense even a greater sense of pain.

I know that God is with us. God will help us, and no, I am not ashamed to look to God for the strength and encouragement to get through this.

No comments: